About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Laura and I'm a self confessed perfectionist, wedding addict, OCD list maker, foodie and tea-time-tea-and-cake enthusiast with lots of ideas! I love working with people and am a serial organiser, always planning something, always on the go! I live with my wonderful boyfriend at his parents house and am totally in love :o) This blog will be filled with all my ramblings about love, life, inspriation, people and, of course Perfect Choice Planning - set up 2011. Please feel free to comment and contact me about anything you want to and I hope you enjoy reading! Love & Hugs, Me x

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Insight into... Love Umbrellas

I'm very pleased that you are back for another exciting insight into another company today after the first "Insight Into..." post on my very happy birthday two weeks ago!

Today I have an innovative and expanding company to share with you today, who took part in the very successful Springtime Romance photoshoot (which you can see featured on Whimsical Wonderland Weddings). Love Umbrellas is the brain-child of the lovely Klair, producing unique and creative products for all occasions and not just weddings.



These stunning umbrellas are durable and waterproof so are the perfect touch to any outfit at any occasion in the unpredicatble British weather! I don't want to say too much before Klair tells you all about Love Umbrellas but I can personally vouch for these fabulous products as I am the proud owner of one myself; cream with gorgeous red bow detail - straight from the Springtime shoot!

Wihout further delay, it is my absoulte pleasure to introduce Klair Lee from Love Umbrellas....
Mark Tattersall Photography

Tell us a little aboutyourself and how Love Umbrellas started.

I'm Klair, from Manchester and the owner of Love Umbrellas.
Love Umbrellas started when I took voluntaryredundancy from my Branch Manager role whilst I was on maternity leave. I made an umbrella for my Mum for her birthday, then friends and familykept asking me to make them one, as they'd never seen anything like it before.A Facebook page was set up, Twitter, the website came into exsistence, then Elaine came onboard, and now Love Umbrellas is what it is today!!
Elaine is my business partner who has come on board. We are two completely different business minds and we compliment each other really well.

(L-R) Klair and Elaine
What is your favourite part about doing Love Umbrellas?

I have so many favourite parts; seeing designs come alive, dealing with lovely people, customers as well assuppliers, and people in similar industries - I've met some amazing andinspirational people so far!!


What has been your favourite umbrella that you have created and what was it for?

My favourite umbrella would have to be the red button crazy one, requested byan old friend of mine, with a successful bikini business, and the idea was"buttons, and completely over the top!!" I think the end resultcertainly fit the order description!! The red button umbrella is my favourite so far as it was a real challenge to make, and really is show stopper!


Love Umbrellas is quite an unusual business, dealing solely in umbrellas.Have you had any unusual or exciting requests or from unusual or excitingsources?

We once had a request for 7000 umbrellas for a VERY large wedding in thePhillipines, which didn't end up going through due to very high shipping costs- but that certainly was an interesting request!!


Mark Tattersall Photography
What is your favourite event that you and your umbrellas have been a part ofto date?

We've been involved in some fabulous photo shoots, and the pictures that comeback from them are incredible!! I think my favourite is actually the one organised by Perfect Choice Planning because I loved the style ideas. We have been involved in a carnival shoot in Blackpool with the heart shaped umbrellas, which was really well styled ~ really quirky ~ but that was only with the heart shaped umbrellas, and we would have preferred to really showcase our different designs of umbrellas.
Other shoots have been on the Isle of Wight, in a castle hotel in Cheshire and at various weddings all over the UK.


Mark Tattersal Photography
What are your future plans for Love Umbrellas?

Future plans... Lots of them!!
We really want to establish the brand, have our umbrellas become instantly recogniseable, and move forward from there, maybe working together with some other well known brands too. We would love to see Love Umbrellas as a recogniseablebrand in boutiques up and down the country.


Mark Tattersall Photography

You recently got engaged - congratulations! Are your umbrellas going to feature in your upcoming nuptials?

I have a few ideas, maybe umbrella table centre pieces, definitely umbrellas featuring lots in the wedding photos, and lots of different designs and colours in there too!!



What would your top tip be for Perfect Choice Planning to help them pick theirperfect umbrella?

I would say go with something that complements your colour scheme / theme. Ourumbrellas look fantastic on your wedding photos, so it's certainly something toadd a little fun, and a little 'something different' to look back on.

Mark Tattersall Photography
The wedding industry is a fast-paced environment to be in with a lot ofchanging trends. How do you adapt yourself and your business to this?

We keep a close eye on anything that is going on in the fashion world, as wellas keeping up with wedding trends, and everything new on the market. Sometimesit's just about taking a chance on something you think will work alongside achange. Also, with all of our umbrellas being handmade, we can make a design /colour up within a few days, and see what kind of feedback we get throughsocial media - Twitter is fab for getting an honest opinion!!


What sort of pricing are we looking at for Love Umbrellas?

We have different pricing for different budgets, starting at £19.95 (so notmuch more than your standard ivory golf umbrella), and up to £89.95, with lotsof different price points in between. Postage and packaging is £3.50 for singleumbrellas and combined postage for multiples. We can post internationally too -our umbrellas are being used as far as Australia, Singapore, and Alaska - USA!!

Image by Barry Whitcher
Do you have any special discounts you can share with Perfect Choice Planningbrides?

There will be a 15% discount for brides ordering through Perfect ChoicePlanning.


Where can Perfect Choice Planning find you?

We can be found at our website, or alternatively you can check out our Facebook and Twitter pages to get in contact with us!

Image by Mash Moments
Everyone now needs to go and purchase themselves a gorgeous umbrella from Love Umbrellas - great for sun and rain!

Stylish and practical with a huge variety of styles, colours and even shapes, there is everything you could ever want in an umbrella. I get tonnes of comments and admiring glances as I walk through the streets protecting myself from the rain!

I hope you have all enjoyed Klair's insight into Love Umbrellas so please check back in a few weeks for another insight into one of my super recommended suppliers, it's going to be a yummy one!

Until next time...
Me x

No comments:

Post a Comment